Student Grievances and Misrepresentation Policy

Student Grievance Procedures

At University of Arkansas Grantham, we care about our students, and we will make every reasonable attempt to resolve any concerns or complaints expressed by students. Procedures for addressing student grievances including information about who to contact are described below. When communicating with the University by email, students should always include their “GID,” or Grantham student identification number. If a student cannot resolve a matter by email, a telephone consultation may be arranged.

Students with concerns or service requests should first contact the appropriate department for assistance. A list of concerns and departmental contact information is included in the table below. The following information may also be helpful:

  • Grantham has an “open door” policy – any Grantham staff member or department can be contacted via phone or e-mail (see Table below).
  • Academic related requests (e.g., grade posting, incomplete grades, military deployment, etc.) may be made through the Academic Appeal form available on GLife.
  • Grade appeals and similar academic concerns should be made following the policy outlined the University Catalog. The appropriate Grantham personnel will analyze the situation and then attempt to remedy the situation.
  • All student concerns or service requests will be routed to the appropriate department.
  • Appropriate Grantham staff members will analyze the concern or service request and attempt to remedy the situation, generally within five business days but no longer than 30 business days.


Concerns Email Address Phone Number
Initial Enrollment Concerns (800) 955-2527 ext. 4437
Re-registration Concerns (800) 955-2527 ext. 4442
Faculty Concerns
Academic Appeals and Concerns GLife>Quick Links>Submit Academic Appeal Contact your Student Advisor
ADA Accommodations
Title IX (discrimination concerns)
VA Education Benefits (866) 850-2985
State Vocational Rehabilitation (866) 850-2985
Student Accounts (866) 850-2985
Financial Aid Department (866) 850-2980 ext. 839


Student complaints or grievances typically are about items such as administrative issues, financial issues, technology issues, faculty performance, grading, program content, program effectiveness/expectations and/or customer service issues.

File a Grievance with the Ombudsman

Students whose concerns or service requests are not resolved in a timely manner at the departmental level may file a grievance with the University of Arkansas Grantham Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is charged with resolving disputes within the University community and does not act on behalf of any party, but rather as an advocate for fairness between all parties. Student grievances should be addressed to:

Office of the Ombudsman
University of Arkansas Grantham
16025 West 113th Street
Lenexa, Kansas 66219

File a grievance with DEAC

Students whose concerns are related to areas of noncompliance with DEAC standards and policies may address their concerns directly to with DEAC by completing this form:

DEAC Grievance Form

Or you can send your grievance to:

1101 17th NW, Suite 808
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100
Attn: Complaints

File a grievance with NC-SARA

Students residing in NC-SARA participating states may address concerns to:

Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368

Click on the following link to access the SARA complaint procedure: SARA Complaint Procedure

Click on the following link to access the KSBOR NC-SARA complaint process information: KSBOR NC-SARA Complaint Process Information

File a Grievance with the State of California (CA is not currently a member of NC-SARA)

Most consumers receive a quality education and have a generally positive experience from attending an approved private postsecondary educational institution (institution). However, in the event a consumer believes an institution's administrative processes or educational programs are compromised and not up to the required minimum standards, BPPE should be notified. A complaint may be filed in writing (Complaint Form) or contacting BPPE's Enforcement Section at the following address and telephone number:

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: (916) 431-6959
FAX: (916) 263-1897

An alternative avenue for filing a complaint is to utilize the California Department of Consumer Affairs' (DCA) online Complaint Form (On-line Complaint Form). The DCA will forward the On-line Complaint to the Bureau.

Please note that in general, state agencies recommend that you work to resolve your complaint through the university before filing a complaint with the state.

File an Anonymous Grievance

If an individual (student, staff or faculty) desires to make an anonymous complaint regarding Grantham’s compliance with federal and state regulations and DEAC accreditation standards and policies they may contact:

University of Arkansas Grantham Compliance and Ethics Hotline
Phone: (844) 230-0005